- Merchandiser should sent a sample of garment or sketch with all construction details to Industrial Engineering department for SAM calculation.
- Industrial Engineering department, GM Production & sample manager will determine the feasibility of producing the style with the available equipment and operator skills.
- Industrial Engineering department responsible for SAM, Productivity target calculation and thread consumption only.
- After establish the SAM for particular style all required details pass to Merchandising department for style costing .This report should be sign off by Sample IE, Head IE and GM Production.
B - Operation Bulletin
Industrial engineer shall analyze the garment for each and every operation and operational sequence.
Shall define the method and allocate time value for each operation
C - Machine Layout & Manpower Allocation
- Industrial Engineer shall study the sample and operation breakdown thoroughly prior to design this Layout.
- shall forward to Head of iE and discuss with him to obtain approval prior to discuss with the production staff
- Copies of this Layout shall be distributed to Production, technical team and Mechanic.
D - IE Style File
- Industrial Engineering Department shall prepared and maintain IE style file for their reference and future easy access. It will contain following documents.
- Internal style preparation meeting minuets
- Operation Bulleting
- Machine Layout
- Folder List
- Style Build~ up plan
- Sticker Placement sheet
- Style Changeover checklist
- Daily Production Status
D - 01 - Internal style preparation meeting minuets
This meeting will be held before the PP meeting and will be discussed all relevant details of style.
D - 02 - Folder List
Industrial Engineer will be responsible to prepared Folder Requisition with input / output and how many folder's are required for particular style and submit to Mechanical department for early booking.
D - 03 - Style Build-Up Plan
During Internal style preparation meeting Industrial engineer will be responsible to discuss with GMP/Head IE and update the Build-up plan accordingly. This build-up plan should be agreed and sign by LM / Quality Auditor / Technical In charge / IE / Production Manager.
D - 04 - Sticker Placement Sheet
- This report will be help to minimize mistake in cutting, Also it will help to cross check any mistake happen from cutting department during bulk cutting.
- Before submit to cutting department following persons must be checked and sign for their understand
- IE Technical/Cutting Manager/' Maintenance Manager / QA Manager / Production Manager/Head of IE /GMP
D - 05 - Style Changeover check list.
- Analyze the style in micro level to find the all changeover factors, allocate the responsibilities with plan / T&A to reduced the changeover period.
- This Report IE Technical and Industrial engineer will be responsible to full fill this report along with all respective people.
D - 06 - Daily production Status
Industrial Engineer will be responsible for update production status. This report will help to understand learning curve period of particular style and set of accurate learning curve for costing,
E - IE Department Formats as follows.
- Time study
- Method Study
- Capacity Study
- Production Study
E - 01 - Time Study
- Industrial Engineer shall select the operation and implement the method.
- Shall select the best time duration to perform the study.
- Industrial Engineer shall certify the calculated SMV with records and shall be approved by Head Of IE.
E - 02 - Method Study
- Industrial Engineer will be responsible to do Method study if he not satisfied with existing method or when and where need to introduce new method to any operation.
- Definition: Method Study is the systematic recording and critical examination of ways of doing things in order to make improvements
E - 03 - Capacity Study
- Industrial Engineer shall start this activity in the 2nd day after line feeding and shall complete with in three days.
- Shall follow each and every operations in the garment in the process sequence.
E - 04 - Production Study
- Industrial Engineer shall identify the operation from capacity study or by Production records to do the study
- Duration of the study shall be at least one hour which shall be continued in operation and shall select a production hour.
- Supervisor and operator shall agree on these observations which are recorded with their signatures.
- Shall record the progress and inform the Production Manager and Head of IE.
- Daily Efficiency Report ( Cutting / Sewing / Finishing )
- Daily Off Standard Report(Sewing /Finishing)
- Sew Efficiency Graph
- Monthly Planning Status ( Sewing )
- Weekly MIS Report (Sewing)
- Auto Cutter Utilization
- Cutting Table Utilization
- Fabric Utilization
F - 01 - Daily Efficiency Report
- Industrial Engineer shall gather all details in Lines for days production output, No. of machines used and Manpower, No. of working hours, Non productive time.
- Daily line efficiency report shall be prepared by I.E Department and shall be submitted to GMP and Head Of IE before 10.00 am daily, action shall be taken in the daily forecast meeting through reviewing this report.
F - 02 - Off Standard Time Report
- Each machine operator will get separate off standard report in respective working area
- Supervisor will be responsible for write down all loss time
- After collecting the loss time by industrial engineer will prepare a report and share with all respective people.
F - 03 - Sewing Efficiency Graph
Industrial Engineer will be responsible for Hang this report front of the line and it will help everybody to see how line's is performing against to KPI target.
F - 04 - Monthly Planning Status
- Industrial Engineer shall prepare Monthly Efficiency Plan against to Monthly Production Plan.
- He will be responsible for update daily production / Efficiency and working hours against Plan.
- After updating Monthly planning status report will be sent to Managing Director keep CC with GMP and Head of lE.
F - OS - Weekly MIS Report
- Senior Industrial Engineer will be responsible for Collect all weekly summary from respective department.
- After completing Weekly MIS report senior industrial engineer will be pass to Head of IE for get pproval.
- After getting approval by Head of IE senior industrial engineer will be responsible for sending report to Managing Director through E mail keep CC with all respect department heads.
F - 06 - Auto Cutter Utilization
- Cutting Industrial Engineer will be responsible for Prepare and maintain Auto cutter Utilization,
- He will be collect daily records from auto cutter log book which update by auto cutter operator in daily basis.
- After completing the report industrial engineer will share report with respective persons for further action
F - 07 - Cutting Table Utilization
- Cutting Industrial Engineer will be responsible for prepare and maintain cutting table utilization
- He will be collect daily records from table log book which is maintain by auto spreader operator.
- After completing the report industrial engineer will share report with respective persons for further action.
F - 08 - Fabric Utilization
- Cutting Industrial Engineer will be responsible for Prepare and maintain Fabric Utilization.
- He will be collect daily records from marker man and layer control reports update by auto spreader operator in daily basis.
- ter completing the report industrial engineer will share report with respective persons for further action
G - Skill Matrix
Industrial Engineer shall physically check above records and certify with his Evaluation.
I.E. Department shall maintain all records line wise in their data bank for skill development and future reference
Engr. Kh. Mashiur Rahman Email: email@example.com