Sharp Machine Tools Policy
Garmentspedia Ltd. committed to ship out metal free goods for all customers. In this regards, all operators, supervisors and other concern persons shall follow the Sharp tools (cutting knife/blade, tag gun, gimlet, cutter & scissors) policy: Please Read it in Bangla Language
Procedures must be in place during production to ensure garments reach Auto in a safe and merchantable condition. The Broken Needle and sharp machine tools Policy is a requirement for all suppliers of any product supplied to Auto , that incorporates, at any stage in it’s manufacture, needles, pins, screws or any item that may cause injury if inadvertently left in the product.
In the event the supplier is not the manufacturer, the Supplier will provide an undertaking to ensure that the manufacturer of any product supplied to Auto comply with requirements of this Policy.
All Suppliers / Manufacturers re required to take all precautions and measures to ensure the safety of the product being supplied to Auto .
The Supplier/Manufacturer must ensure that the requirements of the Policy are maintained throughout every stage of the entire manufacturing process. Some examples are given below.
Broken Needle & sharp machine tools PolicyGarmentspedia Fashion Wear Ltd. is always concerned about the safety of its workers during total tenure of their stay inside the factory. The whole facility building is planned, designed, and fabricated as an industrial structure of international standard which also fully comply the updated BNBC (Bangladesh National Building code) applicable for the industrial Buildings. All essential amenities of human safety and security have been installed properly inside the factory building. Workers do feel safe and secured while working in all the work- stations inside the factory.
All working machines, instruments, tools, devices and appliances used here are of OSHAS standard. If any machine, tool or device, is gone sub-standard causing risk to the safety of workers, it is immediately removed from the working station and replacement made always with new standard ones. Management also takes seGarmentspedia us concern about the right -way use of all kind of sharp tools and appliances at all the work stations.
- Without direct link to a particular machine or man, use of sharp tool, appliance or device of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Genuine users of Cutters, scissors, Anti-cutters, Bhomers etc are allowed to use the tool only after it is tied well to individual’s machine or table with a wide drawstring/Twill tape and marking workers’ own ID Number on the same.
- No user is allowed to use tool of the other user.
- Rusted Cutters, Scissors, Hand needles, Bhomers, Blades etc are restricted for use on floor.
- A new tool or devices is replaced only after it is deposited properly by the user with proven records of issue and replacement in a register.
- Users of Hand needle must make pGarmentspedia r entry in the register before issue and return of the needle after use.
- Management of Garmentspedia Fashion Wear Ltd. is committed to ensure over all Occupational safety, health and security of workers at the workplace and strongly adheres to the principle of “Safety first, then work”.
- No operator shall be in possession of any needles other than those in the machine being operated, or that required for the hand operation being performed.
- No broken pieces of needle ever become embedded in a garment.
- All pieces of a broken needle are located and kept on record before production proceeds
- The issue of needles is strictly controlled in the factory. All spare needles shall be held by a supervisor in a secure, locked location. Only the supervisor shall issue needles to operators.
- If a needle breaks all parts must be accounted for. When all parts are found, only then should a new needle be issued.
- If a hand sewing needle is lost it must be searched for in the area adjacent to the operator, on the operator and in the article being worked upon.
- Production must not start until it is recovered or failing that, the articles being worked upon or last worked upon must be destroyed before production can start again.
- Worn needles must be disposed of into sealed containers away from the factory floor and at intervals, securely disposed of to waste.
- Broken needle fragments must be mounted with clear adhesive tape on a chart and signed by the line/floor supervisor.
- Records must be kept of needle breakage’s by machine type, needle size, operation etc. to establish trends.
- Needles for label applicators must be controlled by the same procedures.
- All record sheets must be kept for a minimum of 18 months.
- If a needle breaks and all parts are not found example ‘A’ or example ‘B’ must be adhered to depending on the equipment held:-
- Sharpe tools (Cutting knife/blade, tag gun, gimlet, cutter & scissors) are issued to the operators from Store through indent duly recommended by the Section in Charge and as well as approved by the concerned authority.
- If any Sharpetools broken or damage, the operator is responsible to find out all broken parts to be get new tool. Supervisor will issue the new sharp tool once get back all broken parts. And he is responsible to post all broken parts onto the broken worksharptools register.
- If any broken part not found the goods / part of goods should be check trough metal / needle detector machine. If still not found, the garments should be destroyed.
- In exchange with the broken / unusable replacement are made on free of cost basis to the operators by the Needle in Charge as and when required.
- Broken parts and replacement status of worksharptools should be properly recorded in the register everyday.
- As final disposal of the broken parts, those are sold / send to the concerned dealing personal related with the recycle business.
Example A: If the supplier has a metal detector
- Work being stitched plus adjacent bundles must be screened with a hand held metal detector in a special quarantine area.
- If missing needle parts are not found the garment must be destroyed.
- Garments with metal components already included will activate the detector as they cannot effectively be searched - these must be destroyed.
All garments must pass through Airport System Metal Detection before packing.
Metal Detection`Prevention of Metal Detection
Objective: To ensure Auto merchandise is free from metal and other foreign matter. This will be achieved by use of:-
· Contamination free raw materials.
· A clean and tidy environment at all stages, without sources of foreign matter, eg. Glass.
· Procedures to control needles, needle fragments, machinery parts and sharp tools.
· Procedures for control of rodent infestation.
The effectiveness of these controls must be maintained and corrective/preventative action taken as necessary.
In the addition to the Broken Needle and sharp machine tools Policy, all completed Childrenswear and other Children’s products are required to pass through metal detection (airport system) before being shipped to Auto .
Suppliers & Manufacturers must run a completely tack and nail free operation.Definition of Contamination:Contamination is the presence of unspecified or undesirable chemical or foreign matter such as, metal, glass, wood, plastic or similar, that could cause injury.
Basic Principle: Sharptools and other sharp tools are either:-
· Not allowed OR if essential are tightly controlled.
· Must be received only with wrappings intact to prevent contamination.
· Staples in boxes must be strongly discouraged.
· Wire closures at the ends of fabric rolls must be strongly discouraged- if present, they must be removed, replaced by tape and carefully disposed of.
Environment: Building and vehicles, containers in contact with raw materials, samples or production garments during assembly or finished goods must be free from contamination:-
· Pins for laying up, cutting, making up or inspection.
· Pins in notice boards.
· Staples and paper clips in documents, work tickets, cartons etc.
· Wooden splinters on racking, pallets or shelving.
· Glass items e.g. bottles, paperweights etc.
ALL garments MUST go through metal detection (airport system) to ensure no foreign metal objects are entrapped. Metal detectors must be maintained and calibrated in line with the metal detector supplier’s recommendations.
Calibration check results must be recorded with date, time and signature of the person responsible.
All staff that operate and manage metal detectors must have been trained by the detector supplier in the basic principles of use.
· Monofilament thread must not be used.
· For garments meeting flammability. 100% Polyester threads must be used.
· Stress points such as pocket openings, fly ends, belt loops etc. should be bar-tacked.
· All overlocked seams and necklines etc. must use DTM bulk (Nylon) thread on the Looper stitch. Support threads should not break easily.
· Garments with seam covering at the neck must achieve the minimum neck stretch required- as indicated on the specification.
· Babywear/Nursery garments should be constructed so as to ensure that any seam ends or joins do not finish forward of the heel in the foot area, or forward of the wrist in the hand area.
Product inspection: In-line inspection must be carried out during production and procedures must include the checking of:
· Component parts and any other aspect of the product that has safety implications.
· General make-up.
· Compare to the Sealer sample ensuring all requests and adjustments have been carried out.
Final Inspection should be carried out on 100% of Production and should include:
· Comparison with the final approved Sealer sample- taking Auto comments into account.
· Labeling & Ticketing.
· Visual inspection for faults, fabric flaws and staining.
· Inspect for needle damage and / or puckering.
· Removal of loose, unclipped, floater or looped threads.
· Inspection for fabric shading within the garment- not acceptable.
· Opening and closing of all popper type fastenings.
· All Nursery and Babywear with enclosed feet or hand areas must be turned inside out and inspected for any loose, looped or floating threads, loose poppers or other foreign objects - all of which MUST be removed.
Engr. Kh. Mashiur Rahman Email: email@example.com