Garment Washing Techniques:
First of all we receive garment washing techniques and wash standard from the Buyer. We start developing with the garments factory. Garments factory make sample by following similar fabric and send it to washing factory to develop the sample as like the standard (colour, hand fell and wash look). Buyer PD/wash technician is responsible to follow this part. Factory should make 5-6 pcs leg panels and send to washing to do the experiment to match with original. Please give all the information time to time to Buyer wash technician and QC. Garments factory should assign a wash technician to handle all wash related matters of garment washing techniques. Laundry Manager is responsible for this types of washing technique
Garment Washing Process - Fit Sample Stage:
We should follow the development sample comments to develop the fit sample. We do prefer to use the original fabric at the fit sample stage to get the actual look and fitting.
Garment Washing Process - P.P Sample Stage:
- We should follow the fit sample comments to develop the P.P sample.
- P.P sample s/b along with all actual.
- Please remember: Approved P.P sample is the Buyer Bible.
- The order is valid when P.P sample is approved.
Garment Washing Process - TOP sample stage:
We should follow the P.P sample approval comments to get the correct TOP sample. Please remember: Without getting the TOP approval comments we can’t ship the goods.
Garment Washing Process - Wash range approval:
- Washing factory should receive Pilot production pcs from the garments factory.
- Pilot production s/b within 300 pcs covering all colours & sizes.
- We do prefer to get all shades during pilot production.
- Washing factory should wash all shades together as test and do the shades segregation to get the wash range approval from Buyer wash technician.
- Approval wash range 01 set s/b kept in washing factory, 01 set in Garments factory, 01 set for Buyer QA and 01 set keeping by Buyer.
What Should the Garment factories do:
- During receiving the bulk fabric garments factory should do the inventory.
- By following roll no and fabric way garments factory have to make the blankets 02 sets from each colour way covering all rolls (100% rolls) and send to washing factory.
- Shade blanket approval s/b taken before going for size set.
- Shades s/b identified & made family card.
- Advice to cutting section to avoid shading or mix shade issue.
- For the major shade deviation:
- Shade blanket
Garment Washing Techniques:
- Before going for washing, washing factory has to have wash standard in their hand.
- Washing formula & recipe should be followed properly.
- Receive garments from the garments factory and keep proper record.
- Received garments s/b segregated lot/shade wise.
- Start dry process.
- Wet process with Dyeing Machine
- Again dry process.
- Quality check.
- Do the measurement before wash and after wash, keep proper record.
- For the measurement deviation washing factory should inform to the garments factory for their proper correction.
- Shade segregation.
- Send ok pcs to the garments factory.
Kinds of washing:
- Garments wash
- Rinse wash
- Silicon wash
- Enzyme wash
- Enzyme bleach wash
- Bleach wash
- Acid wash
- Stone wash
- Stone enzyme wash
- Stone enzyme bleach wash
- Pigment wash
Kinds of garment dyeing:
- Direct dye
- Reactive dye
- Pigment dye
- Florescent dye
- Tie and dye
- Dip dye
- Sulfur dye
- Web dye
Types of dry process:
- Hand brushing
- Sand blasting
- PP spray
- Dye spray
What is pH and how it is control ?
pH: Potential of Hydrogen.
In chemistry, pH is a measure of the activity of the (solvated) hydrogen ion. p(H), which measures the hydrogen ion conectration is closely related to, and is often written as, pH. Pure water has a pH very close to 7 at 25 degree C.
Washing factory should use Litmus paper/pH meter to check the pH value. pH control by acetic acid.
Please remember: In a garment pH value acceptable level is at dry form 6 to 8 and at wet form 4 to 5.5
We do prefer to keep pH value level below 7 because of, during navigation pH level can be gain in garments.
Garment Washing RSL (Restricted substances’ limit) :
Washing unit should have to maintain RSL standard as required for EU and US countries.
Please remember: Azo is worldwide banded item right now. Therefore it is advise to use Azo free dyes and chemicals for better garment washing techniques
Sanwar Mahmud Reza,