C Tpat Requirements
Garmentspedia maintain c tpat requirements and policy. Garmentspedia is committed to the Supply
Chain Security as part of compliance program. The management and all employees are responsible
to uphold and maintain the Supply Chain Security Plan in accordance with the criteria of ctpat set by
Management and the applicable local law within the factory and the factory’s subcontractors, if any.
Garmentspedia was developed based on the following principles, and shall focus on prevention and
risk management rather than to handle the incident afterward. The keys of this security plan are: Prevention on TRESPASSING, Prevention on TAMPERING and Establishment of theTRACEBILITY. The Ctpat guideline should read to fulfill this requirements. You can know more about C-tpat checklist here
C-Tpat Container Inspection
For the in-cargo receipt, the following details should be included:
The issue date
Container number (only applicable for container loading) or other reference number (if applicable)
The description of the c-tpat container inspection
Quantity and unit
The name and signature of the department head issued the in-cargo receipt. The name and signature of the carrier(If the deliverer is not the employee of the factory, then the ware house supervisor has to verify and register the carrier’s personal information, such as name, identity card number, company name, etc., and the carrier should be accompanied by the company employee to store the cargo)
- The name and signature of the warehouse supervisor.
- The warehouse supervisor has to verify and monitor the procedure for in-cargo and ex-cargo in order to assure that all the cargoes in/out the warehouse, quantity, and others are clear and correct.
- The warehouse supervisor has to keep all the in-cargo receipts delivery orders for record
- The warehouse supervisor has to keep daily warehouse reports and monthly summary reports in order to have a detailed record of the goods in the warehouse for verification and tracing, or the warehouse can verify the records with other departments.
C-Tpat Container Inspection - Loading and UnloadingThe employee of the related departments should register and verify the details of the cargo to be shipped. The details should contain the following items:
- Invoice copy of c-tpat container inspection
- Packing list copy
- Customs documents (such as export license, country of origin, etc.)
- The type, style, color, quantity and unit of the cargo
- The gross weight and net weight of the cargo
- All the above said documents should be file for record tracing.
Ctpat - Packing
- The packing department should follow the guidelines below:
- Appoint at least one employee to monitor the whole packing proces
- The monitoring employee should be alert if there is any unidentified object being packed in the poly bags/cartons during the packing process
- Before packing starts, all the packing materials, such as carton box, plastic bags, have to be pre-checked in order to assure that no unidentified object will be packed in the poly bags/cartons.
- During packing, check and verify the description of the shipping mark printed on the carton, including the style, color, quantity. Pay special attention to the color, quantity of the goods.
- Assure that all the carton boxes are intact.
Ctpat Guidelines for Packing Department
- Before report for work, the security guard should unlock the doors personally and conduct a security and fire safety check.
- Packing areas are restricted area. Only the employees of Packing Department can handle the work in this area. All other employees do not belong to the Packing Department or those visitors without accompanied by factory employee are not allowed to enter the area.
- Before report for work or off duty, the operator must count and cheek whether the quantities of the goods are conformed to the details on the documents, whether the goods are damaged or moved without reasons.
- All incoming and outgoing goods must be registered in order to ensure that no tampering of unidentified objects and endangering factory’s ctpat security.
- During office hour, the employee of the Packaging Department must be on duty. If packing is suspended due to insufficient order, Department Manager and Security Guard have to go around and inspect the ctpat security of the Department, and the Security Guard must station in the Department until all employees of the Department leave the factory.
- At the end of a working day, all packed finished goods should be moved to the separated finished goods storage area. All these packed finished goods should be wrapped up with plastic film or anti-tampering net.
- No unsealed carton can be left overnight to avoid any unauthorized person tampers with any forbidden or dangerous object.
- All records and files must be kept and store in cabinets or drawers with locks and these records should be kept for at least 12 months. No unauthorized persons could access to the documents.
C-Tpat Container Inspection for Closed TruckAssign a designated employee to inspect the container of the closed truck for damage/contamination under the following standard procedures:
- Front wall
- Left side
- Right side
- Inside/Outside doors
- If the said unusual circumstances were found, the employee needs to inform the shipping forwarder immediately.
DriversShipment Vehicle Drivers:
- Any Shipment Vehicle Driver/Covered Van/Covered Truck Driver (related to shipment) should submit his License number, Vehicle number to the factory security and that is recorded in a register.
- Shipment Vehicle Drivers should have accounts of the shipment of his truck thoroughly. After completing loading of his truck, he must ensure and confirm that the Loaded shipment qty and commercial invoice qty is equal and OK.
- A Delivery Challan should be issued for each and every shipment and each and every truck on behalf of factory and it should be confirmed and signed by the Truck driver.
- Security should lock truck in front of Truck driver, Commercial person and store person. Truck Drivers are not allowed to enter into the factory. Any discrepancy/irregularities occur in transit, they must inform immediately through C&F agent.
Visitors and Company Owned Vehicle Drivers:
- Visitors Drivers are not allowed to enter into the factory. They park their cars in the parking area designated for the visitor’s parking. A security guard is posted over there to look after the vehicle/s.
- Company’s owned vehicles Drivers are having company provided ID cards. So they are emitted to enter into the factory for punching, taking food and for any official duties.
- Company leased Vehicle Drivers are allowed to enter into the factory for taking food and for any specified official purpose.
C-Tpat Portal - Policy for replacing record and track seal place in control
The seal may be broken or damaged or opened on transit in various reasons/ ways. It may happen for police checking, natural disaster, accidents, stealing etc. If such circumstances arise, the transport must inform to the Factory stating the reason why the seal was broken or damaged or opened with the reasons. Commercial dept accompany a person with a seal and will send him to the place for replacing the seal. The goods should be off loaded, recounted and should be loaded again in front of him before handing over to customer.
C-Tpat Portal - Procedure of tracking the goods from factory to ultimate destinationProject Stitch has developed policies is to ensure safe and secured departure and arrival of all shipments to ultimate destination in a safe and secured manner.
It is necessary to ensure safety of the transportation process to make the shipment safe and secured for arrival to the destination within the reasonable time. As a matter of policy PROJECT STITCH has the following procedure of tracking the shipment goods in the process of movement from factory to destination.
- After getting the final inspection passed report or SRA (Shipment Release Authorization) from buyer QC for a particular consignment. We contact nominated C&F agent to get covered van/container for loading the cartons.
- Before loading the loading area security personnel long with store officer in charge of export & commercial officer check the covered van/containers. This checking is recorded in the delivery record book signed by the store officer. If the covered van/container is free from any damage or any suspected materials only the loading is initiated. If the condition is not found satisfactory we inform to C & F agent and ask for replacement Covered van/container.
- During checking of the covered van? Container if we find any suspected or illegal materials DEPZ security and police station is informed.
- Our security maintains a log book for checking the covered / containers, which includes the covered van? Container number and store in charge’s signature.
- In presence of security store and commercial staff loading is done as per packing list and locked properly Different procedure are being maintain for locking the truck of c-tpat portal and container which are as follows:
- If it is a covered van, security locks it and handover the key to commercial department. Our commercial department sends a representative separately to nominated C & F office, Chittagong along with the keys.
- If it is a containers, customs authority staffs comes over here in the factory and lock and seal the containers in front of our security commercial and store staffs.
- We closely monitor the trucks/containers until it arrives to nominated forwarder at Chittagong as well as we communicate with the buyers nominated forwarder whether they have received the goods in due time or not. After that time to time we communicate with the shipping lines to get the exact location of shipped goods on the way to final destination.
- One of our representatives is permanently posted in Chittagong to monitor the goods till ship to destination.
- Corrected and verified documents are then sent to the forwarder. If forwarder finds any discrepancies in the shipping documents of c-tpat portal they immediately bring it to the notice of the Commercial Manager.
Engr. Kh. Mashiur Rahman