CIMnet Diagnostics for Dyeing:
This document provides late breaking or other information that is relevant to CIMnet Diagnostics version 1.1.2, and is current as of the date above. After that date, you may find more current information and resources in BarcoVision's Document Repository System, in the branch Sensors & Systems/ Products/CIMnet/CIMnet Diagnostics. To view the ReadMe file on-screen in Windows Notepad, maximize the Notepad window.
CIMnet Diagnostics (CND) provides means to diagnose the CIMnet network, devices and communicating applications and to troubleshoot CIMnet related problems. CIMnet Diagnostics has an intuitive user interface and easy navigation. This enables users with minimum windows and CIMnet related background to do full-fledged diagnostics.
CIMnet Diagnostics includes the following diagnostic tools:
Monitor Data Unit Status: Monitor the status (status word and online state) of data units. Send Messages: Send messages to devices and request information from devices. Allows repetitive sending of messages.Receive Messages: Receive automatic messages from data units. Allows specifying a response for request messages. CIMnet Diagnostics allows predefining devices and device groups. These predefined devices and groups can be selected in all diagnostic tools when specifying the test devices.
Installing CIMnet Diagnostics:
Before installing the new CIMnet Diagnostics, you need to remove previous versions of the CIMnet Diagnostics (Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs). At the end of this removal, you can be asked to reboot your computer. This reboot is required before you start the new
CIMnet Diagnostics setup:
Predefined devices and device groups from a previous setup will remain on the system after an uninstallation. After the new installation no devices will be defined. To restore your predefined devices, follow the steps below:
· Close Diagnostics Center
· Copy the file 'CNDDatabase.mdb' from your old data folder (default:
· C:\Program Files\Barco\CIMnet\Data) to the new data folder (default:
· C:\Program Files\Common Files\Barco Shared\CIMnet\Data).
Following files are installed on the default path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Barco Shared\CIMnet:
- CND ReadMe.txt: this ReadMe file.
- DiagnosticsCenter.exe: the application executable.
- Diagnostics components (CNDx.ocx and CNDx.dll): components used by the
- CSME (optional): communication entity (see CSME ReadMe.txt)
- Third-party components: other components used by the diagnostics.
- GridEx20.ocx: Janus GridEx component
- sstbars2.ocx: Infragistics Active Toolbars component
- Data: directory with the diagnostics database CNDDatabase.mdb.
Following system files are installed in the windows system folder if your
system contains older versions of these files:
The setup also installs:
- Visual Basic 6 runtime files
- MDAC 2.5: components for database access (only if MDAC 2.5 or higher is
not already installed)
- HTML Help installation and update package
To modify, repair or remove the CIMnet Diagnostics installation, run
Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel and select CIMnet Diagnostics.
Receive Automatic Messages Option:
During the installation an option is presented to allow CIMnet Diagnostics users to receive automatic messages. Default a diagnostic user is not allowed to receive automatic messages. The receipt of automatic messages is default disabled to limit the risk of monitoring applications not receiving automatic messages anymore. Because the automatic messages can only be received by one application, a user who is receiving the automatic messages with the diagnostics could prevent a monitoring application from receiving automatic messages from a device. For this reason, the receipt of automatic messages should only be enabled for advanced users. To enable or disable the receipt you can run the setup again and choose to modify the installation.
CIMserver Message Exchange:
The setup checks whether a correct version of CIMserver Message Exchange (CSME) is installed on your system. If CSME is not installed or an older version is found, the setup will install CSME.
CIMnet Diagnostics uses two third-party components:
- Janus GridEx
- Infragistics Active Toolbars
The setup also installs Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version 2.5 on your system if version 2.5 or higher is not already present. If the silent setup of this component fails, you will have to run the MDAC setup manually. The MDAC setup is available in the CIMnet Diagnostics folder on the source disk. By running this exe file, you will install MDAC on your system.
· The Send Messages tool allows changing the time-out for request messages and the maximum data size for response messages.
· The Receive Messages tool allows changing the maximum data size for received messages and the time-out for response messages.
· The Receive Messages tool has an extra option in the Response dialog: "Do not respond". This option is added for testing purposes.
Following problems are solved:
- The Diagnostics Center crashes when clicking the Selected column in the Devices tab of the Select Devices dialog. This only happens when no devices are defined.
Following problems are solved:
When the Diagnostics Center is closed while a diagnostic tool is still running, the Diagnostics Center sometimes hangs for a while and then crashes. This usally happens when the request has to be done to a device that doesn't exit or isn't connected anymore.